Monday, July 6, 2009

Saturday stroll...



It's Monday morning,  sat at my desk and I'm still feeling the weekend...in the backs of my legs and shins. We hiked our way up through the Dolomites on Saturday, west of Cortina. It was a fabulous day, it also had the added excuse for me to don my favorite hat, bought whilst hiking through Zion National Park 2006 which was a very special trip for me.
The Dolomites are such a beautiful mountain region for hiking....

"Their extraordinary fame has made them into icons and their exceptional beauty is so acclaimed that no one feels the need to ask why they're considered beautiful, it's simply evident"

Exhausted  (well I was) and hungry we arrived at our refuge for lunch, ham, egg and potatoes followed by a well earned cold beer. Backpack back on and off we go again. A 6 hour hike  = another cold beer at the bottom and one back at our friends house then early to bed. Planning our next hike now, hoping to book a stay over in a refuge next time...sleeping bags and all!