Friday, April 16, 2010

somebody gets it



Going 'out' to bars send me into a state of panic, so the aperitivo hour 6.30/7.30pm suits me quite well; time to get home to cook dinner, but also the sense of being sociable without having to try and figure out the bar etiquette of drinking after 10.00pm in Verona...seen to be seen I think this is the point, I'm yet to fully embrace this.
The warmer evenings are fast approaching, so no more excuses and hiding in my cozy apartment.
This little bar which opened last summer is directly behind the Arena...technically in the line of all tourists in Verona but so far they're a no show, the exterior is beautifully restored and original...the down side, the service is - ok, the apertitivo snacks are - non exsistent. But being a sucker for interiors and anything with a little bit of history...I'll be back for my Spritz Aperol.