Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I love halloween...

this love of halloween really came when I moved to the USA, they LOVE it!! I don't really have any memories of really getting dressed up on Halloween as a child...it was all about Guy Falkes Night in our house, and I loved it! Off we'd go all bundled up to the fireworks display possibly having a few sparklers in the garden before we went. But not having lived in the UK for a number of years now and Halloween going global it's all about the 'Jack o Lantern'. After several trips to various shops in & around Verona I finally found my pumpkins! they maybe small but the excitement in our house last night when they were lit and put on the window sill...size really didn't matter. I have one more to carve, hoping for a flash of inspiration for that one. 
Doesn't look like I'll be getting dressed up this year, Italy just isn't the place to find good Halloween costumes or parties for that matter, so next year hoping that we'll be in a bigger place I'm gonna bring halloween to our house.