Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas in Somerset


Michael & I had a wonderful time in Somerset, this mainly consisted of sitting, eating & drinking in various forms...I took Michael to my favorite vegetarian cafe in Glastonbury, Rainbows End Cafe is an institution in Glastonbury and one of the few originals left from my childhood...even if it's to pop in for a cup of tea and one of there home made cakes, we stayed for lunch with homemade lemonade and hot apple spice...we were in no hurry to go out in the pouring rain.


Next stop another vegetarian cafe Good Earth in Wells, I have such fond memories of going with my Mum after riding lessons and then poking round the shops...happy days.

More tea vicar...this time with warm home made mince pies

Christmas day morning Woody and I raided the garden for our Christmas table decoration...

And a very Merry Christmas!!!




Boxing Day we headed to Frome, I've really not spent any time there since we lived there over 25 years ago...we had a lovely morning exploring all the old streets and nosing in peoples windows luckily for Michael and my purse strings the shops were all closed...