Friday, April 13, 2012

April pick-me-ups



1. rhubard - eat
2. pie minister - new cook book...does it get much better than PIES...not according to Mr C
3. secateurs - anything with a wooden handle
4. wellies - any excuse to wear my wellies
5. elderflower - i know it's more of a summer drink but let's get started...with the spritz.
6. asparagus - it's asparagus season in Veneto...recipes to follow

It's not by chance that my April pick-me-ups have a gardening theme...tomorrow we'll be starting our community vegetable patch...and I'm very excited!
On the home front our Rhubarb plant is coming along very well, even though I need to transfer it from the pot into the ground it's grown SO much...to fulfill my Rhubarb fetish until we can harvest our own my parents brought a large bundle of Rhubarb from their garden when they came over for Easter...that's all been cooked down and in the freezer ready for pasties and crumbles...