Monday, June 4, 2012

Saturday at the Allotment

It was a struggle to get out of bed Saturday, this past week was never ending with the feeling of never having enough sleep, I'm blaming it on the Earthquake we had on Monday, it's put our bodies all out of sync...but I dragged myself out pulled on my wellies and headed up to the orto, it seemed that in the week I missed the plants had a growing spurt aswell as the weeds...it would seem the straw we're using has started to germinate creating a lush green cover between our plants, most of my morning was spent trying to clear it out, so we can see our plants again.
But everything seems to be coming along nicely, the tomatoes are coming on a treat...time to put in some bamboo support for these guys, the Runner Beans I planted from bean have sprouted, they just have a problem with black fly, which I need to figure out...these guys must survive...


 Hard at work
 We have a baby cucumber