Friday, August 24, 2012

Fajita night


Usually the last 5-10mins of my working day I start to think about what we might fancy for our dinner,
well this week I had the un-denying urge for Chicken Fajitas, how could I deny my taste buds this delight on a Wednesday evening...and it's dead easy & quick and creates feast, homemade chicken fajitas, I cheated with the tortillas, homemade gaucamole and get this a homemade version of sour cream...(almost impossible to find in Italy...I've heard rumors...but as of this moment I am yet to see it with my own eyes) We also treated ourselves to one of our 8 bottles of Magnums pear cider...we're rationing it due to the rarity.
I have no idea how I managed to even turn the stove on with the heat we're experiencing at the moment, but it was worth it and enjoyed a lovely evening with my husband...if a little warm.

It's pretty healthy too if you ignore the tortillas, cheese & sour cream...

:: Simple Chicken Fajitas ::

2 tbsp oil
1 red onion chopped
1 red pepper sliced
couple chicken breasts
1/4 cup coriander
zest & juice from 1 lime
pinch S&P

1/2 tbsp ground cumin
cayenne peper ( I substituted for a powerful hungarian paprika)

In a large skillet, heat the oil over a med. heat.
Add onions & peppers,cook through for a couple of mins.
Add the remaining ingredients(except the coriander)
Cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the coriander and cook for 1 min.
Serve with your toppings
(cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, salad, tortillas)