Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Autumn season...

If I hadn't noticed it at the allotment, which has been stripped of our summers work, I noticed it at the Farmers Market the late summer veg season is well and truly over, as I walk into the market I am greeted by a giant pumpkin reminding me that Halloween is upon us, but with a walk through the market I'm so excited to see the return of some of my favorites: pomegranite, raddichio rosso, fennel, inspiration for the upcoming months.
Living in Italy offer us a very natural approach to food and if you choose makes it very easy to align yourself with nature and eat in season, which I believe can only have very positive health benefits.
This year has been a massive step forward for us, with moving to the country, starting an allotment and having access to wonderful local people, who inspire, encourage and lend a helping hand.

Had a lovely surprise on our doorstep last night with two fresh pomegranate...