Monday, May 28, 2012

Lake District

     After the wedding we headed up to the Lake District, it was my first time in this part of the world, and was super excited to spend some time in a place that is so special to Michael and his love for England.
Unfortunately time was pretty tight, so we didn't get to explore the many walks and secrets the Lake District has to offer, but it was an amazing taster for me and has me so excited to go back and explore this beautiful unspoilt National Park...thanks in part the fabulous Beatrix Potter (when she died in 1943 she left 14 farms, sheep and 4000 acres of land to the National Trust)


This land & space seems to have inspired so many and it's easy to see why...I could lose myself for days  here...hunting out the pack horse bridges and pretty streams to dip my toes in, and breath in the spectactular views...
Daffodils
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
William Wordsworth


 Ullswater



We still have so much to explore of this beautiful land where my roots are so deeply nourished.


 Very pleased with our purchases made at Mill Pottery