Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tuesday

...and the last day of our four day weekend, I think we enjoyed our food this past weekend seeing the post contents...but the access we now have to better produce and choice since we moved out of the city is quite unbelievable, obviously our priorities have changed, we've made a conscious effort not to eat out so much, to enjoy cooking at home and eating organic and buying local as much possible, and trying to stay within season...we're both loving this new experience and life we're having in Italy...and not 7 km from Verona.

My day started with such a treat...a Yoga & Mediation class 20 metres from our front door...our landlords wife is an instructor in Kundalini Yoga, I've never taken a class or practiced Kundalini before, as you know I'm an Iyengar girl.
What a fantastic hour, a completely different experience to my Iyengar class, concentrating more on breathing, meditation and chanting...if only everyday could start with a private yoga class.

Today was all about making...I'm off to London on Friday and have to get a baby gift finished for our friends who are expecting their first baby in June - super excited to see them and the tummy bump. The sewing machine was going great guns all morning.
Torrential rain dampened any idea we had about going to the veggie patch and doing some digging.
Instead it was all about my first ever pie making experience...thanks to a great gift PieMinister Cookbook, I thought I'd give it ago, I've always been a bit nervous about pies...I think it's the pastry...something else that could go wrong...but now everything comes pre made and ready to wrap, drape and cover....have no fear...


I was very excited, with how it turned out...and Michael was equally as excited to eat it... 

Chicken & Leek Pie

...left overs for Wednesday night too...