Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Oui Oui Paris

3 days Paris

We walked, ate, shopped & slept, I wish I could say we had the energy to explore more, but alas my hotel bed was more enticing...welcome to work trips!
We did stay in a gem of a hotel, just of Rue du Louvre Hotel Crayon easy walking distance to the nearest metro, restaurants and the Louvre, will definitely stay here again the staff were great and price is great for the location. Plus there is a nice bar/cafe next door were you can get great food and a pint of Kronenbourg when you just can't face walking anymore.
Always time for cake.
I'm obsessed with Astier de Villatte enough said, I did treat myself to one of their candles...

::Roquebrune::
Dominating the sea, a 'perched village' of Provence crowned with its Carolinian castle. Wandering, lost amongst the narrow, paved streets. Resting in the shadows of Roman arches, bathed in the thousand and one aromas of The South: enigmatic wild sage, spearmint, coriander, rock rose, and bitter orange, with its decisive accent of citrus.
Quite.

Really sweet ceramics boutique in Marais le petit atelier de paris it is only open Thursday & Saturday



You can never eat too much onion soup in Paris
The simplest of things make me so happy in Paris - Croissants with Jam & Butter for breakfast.
We headed out to the Bob Dylan exhibit, which I don't have to much to say about without moaning, all I will say is that the photos were beautiful...but I don't think thats too hard to make look beautiful...and the rest...very disappointing.
What a treat my favorite store Merci has added this cafe aswell as the one still inside the store. We had a pretty good lunch, the service was slow...but this is Paris.
Canal St. Martin for a stroll around the stores,
Centre Commercial was a nicely curated store with nice accessories.
In general like London, nothing really new to report store wise
French Trotters is by far the best independent store we visited, a beautifully bought and curated collection as well as a new addition with some homeware.
Colette & Le Bon Marchè were as expected.
Sessun I need to stop going in this store.


Kiliwatch had some great vintage finds, I picked up a €20 version of Isabel Marant Etoile smock top which is retailing at €300...